The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

The Fight Between The Best

Created By Canva

There are many famous old school boxers like Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and Evander Holyfield. That has influenced new school boxers like Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, and Gervonta Davis. Like the new school boxers I also was inspired by the old school boxers we know and love.  I am a boxer myself actually and because of these people they inspired me to become one.

I’m ranked as the number one boxer in the nation and the state for my weight class. I recently went to a boxing match in Poland and it was awesome. I went to a match because  knew one of the fighters and he helped spar with me. The match was between Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois.  Usyk’s record is 21 wins and 13 wins by “TKO” Total knockout, and zero losses. Daniel Dubois record is 18 wins by “TKO” Total knockout, and two losses.

The winner of the fight was Usyk who won by a “K.O” Knockout against Dubois. The reason why Dubois lost was that he hit an illegal “low blow” Body Shot “below the waist” and he was hit with a right short hook to the jaw and the knockout cost him the game. In the end, Usky won by disqualification and K.O.

In the match, the fight was really balanced until the 9th round where Usyk landed a deadly right hook to the jaw on Dubois. You can find the Illegal Punch to the Body, and the Knockout punch here…

Parkinson, N. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/38266847/oleksandr-usyk-survives-scare-stops-daniel-dubois-retain-titles%C2%A0

Low blow or knockdown? the punch that changed usyk vs dubois | highlights. (2023). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP9B9bTxnFQ