Cosmo’s Corner

Television Show Review
Cosmos+Corner
Cosmo Kitchen

Television shows are one of the most consumed media outlets there. They can be short and just be enjoyable fun or can be season long episodes that change how we view life. Either way, TV is something that consumes most people’s free time but, with so much being mass produced in recent years, it’s hard to find what’s worth it and what’s not. Here in this blog, I will be expressing my own opinion on which TV shows you should occupy your time with.  

Good Omens is a show based on a novel by Neil Gaman and Terry Pratchett. Good Omens currently has two seasons. It follows Aziraphale and Crowley, an angel and a demon who work together in human affairs that they aren’t supposed to get involved with. Good Omens has great queer representation, humor, and charming characters. The show is a great quick watch that will leave you wanting more.

The Owl House is a show created by Dana Terrace. The Owl House has around two seasons with three hour long episodes that are considered three seasons. The show follows Luz Nocera as she’s transported to a magical fantasy world that is more real than she thought. She is able to find solace in finding friends who become like family and make her feel accepted. This show also has great queer representation, engaging plots, and a charming atmosphere. The Owl House was sadly cut short and can feel rushed near the end but it’s a truly unforgettable show that makes you feel truly seen.

If you are looking for more of the anime side of things my recommendation would be Vinland Saga. The show has two seasons as of currently. Vinland Saga is extremely popular and after watching it it’s very clear why. The show follows Thorfinn as his father is killed by Vikings and he ends up joining those Vikings in hopes of getting revenge. This has beautiful character writing, complex stories, and amazing voice acting. A lot of people claim Vinland Saga can get slow in season two but in actuality, it just spends more time with its characters who, by the end of the show you grow to love and understand what makes them the way they are.

Finally last but not least would be Bluey. Bluey is an Australian children’s show on Disney. The show follows a family of dogs and the everyday experiences they have and how they solve problems. There are three seasons of the show on Disney streaming service. There is intelligent dialogue, an amazing soundtrack, and lovable characters. Bluey never talks down to its viewers despite being for children. Watching Bluey makes you feel like healing your inner child and it makes you want to stay with the Heller family for as long as you can.