Listen To That Sound

One+of+the+pianists+that+performed.+
Citlali Lopez
One of the pianists that performed.

On October 17th, 2023, our Las Vegas Academy (LVA) piano majors performed at the Black Box Theater for parents, guests, and LVA students. Each student performed a song of their choice, whether it was from a movie or a classical piece. 

“I felt great. It was a chance to show our skills, especially the first recital of the year. It was great to hear all the new freshmen play.” said Zach Kibler, one of the performers. All of the performers who were interviewed felt pretty good about their performance. The students weren’t the only ones proud of their performance, “I’m very proud of my students. Getting up and performing in front of a bunch of strangers is very scary, especially because of the nature of piano recitals. Students get up there themselves, which can be very frightening. So a lot of them stepped up to the challenge.” said mentor Jason Corpuz. 

Corpuz started playing when he was seven and has been teaching for a couple of years now. His favorite thing about teaching his students is seeing them grow and become passionate about piano. Throughout his teaching career, he wants his students to get ready and prepare for their future recitals. 

The students were nervous as expected but they did amazing. 

Our pianists take their majors seriously, whether it’s when practicing or when performing. They always want to reach for the stars and achieve their goals. After their recent recital those who attended noticed how much talent they had and lots of parents and even students made positive comments, “I’m proud of them”, said one of the parents who attended. You could see how much they’ve grown and how much they know. It’s amazing how much people can learn a song and perform in front of a crowd like that. Our pianists will continue to grow, learn, and expand their passion throughout their years here at LVA and one day make it out there into the world with their talent.

A pianist playing a song during the concert. (Citlali Lopez)