What we know now: Multiple victims left and suspect deceased in UNLV shooting

Shots+first+reported+at+Beam+Hall+building+on+UNLV+campus+on+Wednesday.+
Image from UNLV
Shots first reported at Beam Hall building on UNLV campus on Wednesday.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) responded to a report of shots fired at University of Nevada (UNLV) on Wednesday around 12 o’ clock. 

Multiple victims have been reported and the shooter has been declared deceased. 

“The suspect is contained. This is an active investigation. Please continue to avoid the area and watch for responding emergency units,” said LVMP via their social media. 

Shots were first reported at the Beam Hall building, and later at the Student Union. The university told all students and staff to evacuate and find a safe area, advising “Run, Hide, Fight.”

It was stated that the White House was monitoring the shooting very closely. Additionally, the FBI has arrived on campus. 

UNLV has been closed for the day and all of College of Southern Nevada’s (CSN) campuses have been closed. 

Until further notice the I-15 North interstate is closed from Blue Diamond to Charleston for first responders. Locals should be advised to plan accordingly and generally avoid the area. 

Close in proximity to the university, the Harry Reid International Airport has issued a ground stop, “due to security.” It’s unclear if this is directly related to the incident. 

This is an ongoing investigation, more updates are to come. Watch for a follow up article here on LVA Accolades. 

Sourced by CNN and NBC Live News.