The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

Digital And Traditional Art Are The Same

Eliana Wehrle

Digital and traditional art are the same, there are just different ways to make art. An artist uses a tablet, phone, or a computer to draw something that’s seen on a screen, but you use a pencil, eraser, and paper for traditional art.

Some argue that digital is cutting corners when it comes to art, but really it’s not, it’s the same amount of effort with tradition. Digital has multiple apps and websites you can use to draw on, Ibis Paint, Procreate, Clip Studio, and among others. They’re all different with different options on what you can do. Digital isn’t easy when you start, but it gets easier if you know what you’re doing with it.  All the buttons and layers with the brushes make it difficult. 

It takes time to learn digital art. People say traditional is the right way to go considering it takes a lot of time and doesn’t cut corners like how others say with digital. It’s the same thing as digital, it’s just on paper with limited supplies. You’re able to create  the same thing just with different supplies. Traditional is physical work while digital is online work. There aren’t really apps to look at to trace like digital, you depend on physical objects and references just to get the subject right. 

Digital and traditional are the same, and require the same amount of effort depending on what you’re working on. Big pieces and small pieces, both require skill and effort. It doesn’t matter what you work on, nothing is cutting corners and both cost the same effort. They’re different, but it doesn’t mean they don’t require different effort. There are struggles with each that’ll seem like the other art form is better and they work harder, but they’re both really the same.