2023 Winter Mariachi Concept

Mariachi International backstage before the show.
Emily Heras

Las Vegas Academy of the Arts (LVA) Mariachi program had their final concert of the year on Dec 6th. All levels performed.

Freshman Briseyda Rodriguez, was one of the performers in the concert and was excited about the performance. “It was so amazing,” said Rodriguez  “ I enjoyed basically seeing all the people that I love and doing the things I love.” Rodriguez plays the guitar and also sang the second part of Si Una Vez, by Selena Quintanilla. Briseyda is inspired by her sister and looks up to her. “I first started playing the guitar when I was seven years old, it was a 12-string guitar. Then, when I reached middle school when I was 10 I chose guitar as an elective.” said Rodriguez. 

Mariachi International playing as a soloist is on stage. Photo by Emily Heras

Freshman Katharine Montanez, said, “It was really fun seeing all the other groups in there and how they performed. “Honestly, there were some mistakes, but it all came through in the end.”

Montanez also got inspiration from her sister. I’ll like to thank my sister who got me into all of this.” said Montanez.

Mariachi International playing on stage in their new uniforms. Photo by Emily Heras

There are currently seven music conservatories at LVA and Mariachi deserves as much recognition as any other music major on campus.

Though the last concert of the year passed,  Mariachi’s next concert is in the spring of next year, the date is undetermined. 

Watch Danica Seitz’s video here.