Kanye Omari West

Kanye+Wests+publicity+photo+used+when+launching+The+Brand+New+Ye.%0ABaron%2C+Z.%2C+%26+Demarchelier%2C+P.+%282014%2C+July+21%29.+Kanye+West%E2%80%99s+GQ+Profile%3A+A+Brand-New+Ye.+GQ.+
Kanye West’s publicity photo used when launching The Brand New Ye. Baron, Z., & Demarchelier, P. (2014, July 21). Kanye West’s GQ Profile: A Brand-New Ye. GQ.

Kanye Omari West, also known as YE, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. West was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. West has grown in popularity due to him being the face of Yeezys. has also won several Grammys and is tied with Jay Z with being in the top 15 for most Grammys won ever. 

West’s first major hit was his first album, Kon The Louis Vuitton Don. The hit single in the album was called Through The Wire. This song got the album/song in the Billboard Hot 100, but how he got famous was from Roc-A-Fella Records. There he was helped by another upcoming artist, Jay Z. The reason Jay Z is significant in West’s growth is because West produced the beat on the song Takeover and got over 300 million downloads off Soundcloud. 

West’s fashion has also been interesting. It went uphill for him starting with the creation of Yeezy in 2009. In 2013 he did an endorsement deal with Adidas and Yeezy is now worth billions of dollars. When he created Yeezys his first shoe was called the “Yeezy 2’s.” Now the red and black Octobers are worth between 20,000 to 35,000 dollars. The Yeezy brand later released their most popular shoes ever created called the “Yeezy 350 Boost.¨ There have been over a million Yeezy 350s sold.

West has been very successful throughout his lifetime when it comes to rapping, being a producer, and being a fashion designer. Now, West has 5 children with his ex-wife Kim Kardashian.  His 4 kids’ names are North, East, Saint, Psalm, and Chicago.   

West is also no stranger to controversy. West recently said some controversial things about Jewish people, and due to this, Adidas removed their endorsement deal with him. Also the case about the comments he made about Jewish people made him lose over 1 billion dollars from an Adidas endorsement. West was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and this may have contributed to the reason why he said some of his offensive statements but it doesn’t change the fact that he said it.