The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

Yeat’s “2093”

Cover art for “2093” depicts Yeat in a dystopian-style city, personifying the album’s transcendent main themes and characteristics

The emerging subgenre of punk rap is arguably led by Noah Smith, known as Yeat. Typically associated with the “underground scene,” Yeats’ climb to fame began after his song “Sorry Bout That” went viral on TikTok in 2021. He slowly built up a much larger fan base and target audience because of this. Yeat’s lesser known or underground songs were the building blocks to the artist’s futuristic projects. After Drake’s release of “For All The Dogs,” the two artists’ collaboration song on the album took over social media and radio stations all over the world. This spark of popularity put fans of the song on the radar for new music from Yeat, and the continuation of another Drake and Yeat collaboration on “2093”. 

Yeat teased the album on social media days before its release in early February. “2093” is Yeat’s fourth studio album beside producer/sample maker 730haha and his label, Lyfestyle Corporation. The album contains 22 tracks as well as samples from big-time hip-hop artists like Drake, Lil Wayne and Future. The album explores Yeat’s vision of the future, including sounds and synths with a more abstract and ultramodern vibe. “2093” explores tyrannical themes and speaks about living outside of society’s rules and ideas. The title “2093” comes from an angel number, a sequence of numbers with deer spiritual significance, that serves as a reminder to listen to your inner voice and follow your passions, no matter the thoughts or feelings of an outside source. When listening to the album in full, you can undoubtedly notice the influence from Yeat’s past muses, Travis Scott, Ye, and Playboi Carti. “2093” continues Yeat’s undeniably bold discography and was awarded his current highest charting title at No. 2 on Billboard’s Top 200.