The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

It’s Us Vol. 1 – Concrete Boys

Album+cover+to+Concrete+Boys%E2%80%99+debut+album%2C+Its+Us+Vol.+1+which+released+April+5%2C+2024.+The+cover+depicts+all+5+members+of+the+Atlanta+based+group%2C+as+an+introduction+to+who+they+are+all+as+individuals+and+as+a+collective.+
Cover art by Genius.
Album cover to Concrete Boys’ debut album, Its Us Vol. 1 which released April 5, 2024. The cover depicts all 5 members of the Atlanta based group, as an introduction to who they are all as individuals and as a collective.

Atlanta-based rapper Lil Yachty is keeping rap collectives alive with his newest project, Concrete Boys. For years, Yachty has repetitively used the ad-lib “crete” to describe someone concrete. Being concrete means being a solid individual, someone that is constantly themselves. This description is the best way to describe Concrete Boys. An eclectic group of individuals with new wave ideas that are executed to perfection through the 5 individuals roles in the group. The collective’s first project, “Its Us Vol. 1” falls under the hip-hop genre but has a psychedelic, funk, and R&B flow throughout the album.

Listening to the album in full there is undoubtedly a difference between the individual artists discographies and how they flow together. The artists counterbalance each other’s flows and deliveries with multiple artists on one track, and each member on track 7 and 15. Concrete Boys includes artists, Karrabooo, Camo!, Dc2trill, Draft Day, Gio, and their muse, Lil Yachty. Yachty has caught the attention of listeners from all genres with his most recent project, Let’s Start Here with influences from Pink Floyd and Tame Impala which shows through on many of their tracks in the album. With a wide and well known range of producers, Its Us Vol. 1 is a perfect personification of old school hip hop, boom bap and East Coast rap. 

You can listen to Karrabooo, Camo!, Dc2trill, Draft Day, and Lil Yachty’s individual discographies on all streaming platforms as well as their first collective project.