Personality Profile: Isabelle Kim

Isabelle+Kim%2C+seated+at+a+cafe%2C+showcasing+her+order+after+discussing+her+future+and+the+importance+behind+her+relationships.+
Photo provided by Isabelle Kim
Isabelle Kim, seated at a cafe, showcasing her order after discussing her future and the importance behind her relationships.

In the crucible of life’s challenges, we often discover our greatest lessons and moments of maturity. For Isabelle Kim this transformative journey came to fruition amid the tumultuous terrain of betrayal from those she held closest. In reflecting on her experiences, Isabelle shares profound insights into the process of maturation and the invaluable lessons learned from navigating the complexities of human relationships.

“I definitely feel like I’ve matured when I had been betrayed by those who I felt were closest to me. And I learned many experiences and lessons through that,” said band major Isabelle Kim at the Las Vegas Academy of the Arts about the moment she felt she matured. 

Isabelle, also known as Ina, is months into her senior year of high school with her whole future ahead of her. When asked about her future, she gladly responded with excitement.

“I’m really excited about college and the experiences I will have from that, and learning from that and meeting new people.”

Ina spends her weekdays getting ready for school, taking the bus to get there, and the same to return home. From there, she spends the rest of her days taking naps. Her weekend activities on the other hand vary. She likes to hang out with friends and go shopping, or stay home to either sing or dance. These hobbies bring her joy, and spending quality time with her loved ones are the memories she truly values. 

Her inspirations in her life include motivations influenced by her older sister. Being given that guidance and wisdom by her older sibling is what is making her life much smoother. 

. “…she does so much for the family. And she’s also helped me go through things, not by myself and given me great advice.” 

Identifying one’s weaknesses shows what areas must be improved in. Facing challenges is not Ina’s strongest trait, she has come to face this reality.

“Personally, I wouldn’t say that’s my strongest place. I would tend to avoid it at first, but then once it does get pretty bad, then I will acknowledge it and try to figure out and ask those around me what I can do about it.”

She defines a friend as someone who she can laugh and enjoy, but also be able to put her trust in and lean towards for assistance when being faced with challenges. Her friends, junior Kirstin Harris and senior May Zhang, spoke about what Ina is like. Kirstin spoke about her influence on others. 

“She has more of a caring influence on people. She would want others to be treated nicely and wouldn’t want anyone to be harmful or rude to each other,” Kirstin said.

May spoke about her friend’s influence on her as well. They had been friends throughout all four years in high school.

“Ina has a positive influence on everyone and she always cares for everyone more than herself. Personally, she has made my life better in a way, because she’s my best friend.”

Isabelle Kim, emerges as a resilient and mature individual. Shaped by betrayal and the crucial counsel of her older sister. She navigates the difficulty of high school life with grace for the future within her future as a musician. Isabelle’s enthusiasm for college and the chance of new adventures highlights her upbeat outlook.  She defines a friend as someone who she can laugh and enjoy, but also be able to put her trust in and lean towards for assistance when being faced with challenges.