We Dont Trust You – Future & Metro

Album cover property of Genius
Album cover to producer Metro Boomin’s new collaboration album with Future, We Don’t Trust You produced alongside Allen Ritter, and Republic Records.

Atlanta based producer Leland Wayne, known professionally as Metro Boomin,  dropped his collaboration album with rap/hip-hop artist Future after teasing songs from the album over the last month. In Early March the two artists posted a trailer video to the album with release dates and a small soundbite. We Don’t Trust You was released March 22, 2024 and predicted to debut at No. 1. This marks the two artists’ seventh direct collaboration album after Future’s many appearances on Metro’s previous projects. 

Metro Boomin started producing beats in 2009 when he was 16 with a Fruity Loops production software. As Metro grew up, underground producers and recording engineers picked up on his work, and Metro met OJ Da Juiceman, a southern hip-hop and trap artist formally signed with a close friend of Metro’s, Gucci Mane. OJ invited Metro to Atlanta, chaperoned by his mother,  over the course of his high-school career. He eventually dropped out of school after attending Morehouse College to continue his producing career. Future and Metro met during Metro’s highschool days and they simply clicked. They would mix beats in and outside of the studio and quickly became known as an iconic duo. After being in the studio with Atlanta based artists as well as labels from all around the U.S, Metro started producing remix beats, more importantly a remix to Future’s single Karate Chop, which was his first song to break the Hot 100, peaking at No. 83 on Billboard’s Rap Hits Charts. 

We Don’t Trust You pays homage to Metro’s early Atlanta beats and synths, along with new sounds, and big-name features and rhythms from the duo. Metro’s style is in high-demand, offering vengeful, antagonistic and detail rich sounds and projects. We Don’t Trust You is an exact delivery of just that. Tracks like “Young Metro,” “Slimed In,” “WTFYM,” and “Ain’t No Love” are reminiscent of Metro beats from the past and are classic for Metro fans. Tracks like, “Magic Don Juan (Princess Diana),” “Like That,” “Type Shit,” and “Cinderella” contain features from just as high demand rappers like Travis Scott, Lil Wayne, Playboi Carti, and Kendrick Lamar. 

Metro continues to push limits of new wave rap and has set a new standard for production quality in the music world. You Can Listen to We Don’t Trust You on all music platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, and Soundcloud, along with Metro Boomin and Futures discography, and unreleased tracks.