The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

What Las Vegas Needs Is An Amusement Park

Victoria Hatfield

In 2023, Las Vegas attracted 40.8 million tourists. Las Vegas is known for its bright and powerful Strip with hotels and restaurants scattered all across it. However, unlike many popular tourist states, such as California and Florida, Las Vegas does not have an amusement park. 

Disneyland attracted 18.7 million visitors to California in 2019. If Las Vegas were to have an amusement park, think of how many tourists it would attract every year. Las Vegas does have The Adventuredome which attracted over 3 million visitors in 2006. 

Yes, Disneyland is vastly more popular than The Adventuredome. However, Las Vegas is a fairly popular place to visit. I have no doubt putting an amusement park Downtown or on The Strip would attract thousands to the city. Las Vegas has a rich history of entertainers and performers. Not only would an amusement park add to our tourism, but it could attract visitors to other landmarks in Las Vegas as well. 

Finding a theme for an amusement park would not be difficult at all. An amusement park dedicated to Elvis would be an excellent way to tie the iconic singer and his famous song, Viva Las Vegas to our city. 

Las Vegas is the perfect place to create an extremely memorable amusement park. 

Amusement parks are great for vacations and work well for fun days spent with families and friends. Day trips and weekends are the perfect time for visiting an amusement park. For example, if you live in Arizona you could drive up to Las Vegas for a weekend and visit the park. 

As a Las Vegas resident, I have been asking for an amusement park for years. News of plans to create one park has been swirling. “Horror-themed attractions in Las Vegas, adding to Universal’s portfolio,” said Forbes. Hopefully, in the near future, Las Vegas can have its own amusement park.