The NAHS Haunted House Was A Hit

One+of+the+scare+actors+at+the+NAHS+haunted+house+pulling+people+in+before+a+scare.+
Aliyah Billings
One of the scare actors at the NAHS haunted house pulling people in before a scare.

On October 24 and 25, the National Art Honor Society (NAHS) hosted an event called “Artober” after school. The event included food and games, but the main attraction was the haunted house in the Frazier basement. The house was successful, and many students showed up to experience all of the thrills that this house offered. There were different rooms for the many groups working on the project, and one of the scares that people encountered was Czarina Rusgal’s room.

“My room in particular, we’re gonna be doing like zombie nuns and scaring people, and I’m acting as a survivor,” said Rusgal.

Along with this thrilling experience, students in the haunted house were also guided into Emma Babicz’s room. 

“I think it’s fun scaring people,”said Babicz. “Last year, I was able to scare people by really interacting with everybody, and pushing them out.”

This event took a lot of planning to get everything just right. Someone had to organize all of the food, games, and also manage the different areas of the haunted house.

Lola Mabel says that she helped manage and organize the event.

“We divided the inside of the haunted house into different rooms, so each room has their own group that they’re working on,” said Mabel. “I’m in charge of the dogs, we got permission to bring dogs on campus and Photo Club is doing prints and stickers.”

Due to the haunted house being so successful, NAHS is likely to plan another event next year, likely to be in a different building.