Winter Activities

An+overview+of+the+%E2%80%9CEnchant+Christmas%E2%80%9D+walkthrough+at+the+Las+Vegas+ballpark+located+near+Downtown+Summerlin+on+Pavilion+Center.+
Aria Celentano
An overview of the “Enchant Christmas” walkthrough at the Las Vegas ballpark located near Downtown Summerlin on Pavilion Center.

Around the holidays there are many different activities people can partake in.  However, some don’t know what to do or where to go during the holidays. Here are some ideas on what you can do with family and friends during the winter time.

Go Ice Skating

During the holidays you could go ice skating. Ice skating is a great way to get yourself out of the house to avoid winter blues. Along with being a fun activity, ice skating has health benefits. According to Harvard Medical School, you can burn up to 200 calories an hour. It’s also a great way to improve balance and coordination. 

Some Skating Spots to Visit

– The Rock Rink

Location: 1825 Festival Plaza Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135

Website: https://summerlin.com/event/the-rock-rink-2/

– Las Vegas Ice Center

Location: 9295 W Flamingo Rd UNIT 130, Las Vegas, NV 89147

Website: https://www.lasvegasice.com/Public-Skate

Visiting Local Markets

There are several local markets in Las Vegas, and chances are they have a special selection of winter items for sale, whether it be seasonal fruits and veggies, handmade candles, or just to step out of your house and check out new activities in the community.

Some Local  Markets to Visit 

– Downtown Summerlin Farmers Market

Location: 1980 Festival Plaza Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA

Open: Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm

Las Vegas Farmers Market at Bruce Trent Park

Location: 1600 North Rampart Boulevard, Las Vegas NV 89102, USA

Open: Winter- Wednesdays from 2 pm to 6 pm, Summer: Wednesdays from 4 pm to 8pm

– Market in the Alley

Location: 1031 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA

Open: Wednesday–Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm

– First Friday

Location: Arts District, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Open: First Friday of the month from 5 pm to 11 pm

More recommendations

Have a Movie/Game Night

If you want to stay inside and curl up with a good show, you could have a family and friends movie or game night. There is a wide selection of movies you can watch, and there are many genres on almost every streaming platform. There are also several board and card games you can enjoy with family and friends.

Take a Walk

Walking is important. When it’s cold you might not feel like taking a walk, but you need to make sure you get exercise. So bundle up, put on your best walking shoes, and go outside.

Make Your Own Ornaments or Gingerbread House

Making crafts is a great way to distract your mind or keep you busy, so maybe try making your own Christmas ornaments or a gingerbread house. A gingerbread house is simple and easy to make with instructions if you buy it from a store. If you want to go the extra mile, you could make your own gingerbread. If you make ornaments for your tree, why not give them as a gift to friends or family? There are tons of tutorials online if you need a little guidance or inspiration.

– Ornaments

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n869df2sTz8

– Gingerbread House From Scratch

Link: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/gingerbread-house/

Of course, there are tons more fun activities you can do during the winter months. For more ideas, you can refer to this article for more: 63 Winter Activities to Banish the Cold Weather Blues — PureWow.