The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

Puffs Coming Soon

Samantha Perez-Luna

Puffs is making a debut at Las Vegas Academy of the Arts (LVA), and Mr. Casey Andrews, the director of the production, provided insight into the thought process and challenges faced during the casting procedures.

Despite its first performance in December 2015, Puffs isn’t widely recognized by some, leaving them questioning the play.

Puffs is a parody: a farce set in a school with magic and wizards, yet still entertaining, whimsical, and silly,” said Andrews.

Given the play’s comedic nature, the cast would need a sense of humor. Andrews, alongside his panel members Ms. Marissa McCoy and Ms. Kelly Hawes, approached this by figuring out how all 190 students auditioning would portray the characters. 

“We used their comedic monologues as a way to see the candidates being themselves while still embodying the characters in the play,” said Andrews.

However, with a long list of students, deciding who to cast was challenging.

“The one thing was that there were 190 people and it was challenging choosing the 32 who would be in the play,” said Andrews.

Despite these challenges, the casting was a success. Here is a list of everyone cast and will be in the upcoming performances starting in February. 

Puffs Cast List:

Narrator…  Liv Anderson & Jayme Pacheco 

Wayne Hopkin… Javier Medina Aymerich & Cruz Rodriguez 

Oliver Rivers… Mo Lima Truong & Bentley Payne

Megan Jones… Sunny McPartland & Sarai Thompson

Cedric/Mr. Voldy… Griffin Misegades & Aislin Nash

Ernie Mac… Aron Jassinowsky

Finch Fletchley… Conner Hollister

Hannah… Haven Anderson

Leanne… Jazz Moore

Sally Perks… Soleil Sanchez

Susie Bones … Jenavieve Estes

Harry… Londyn Rosborough

Xavia Jones/1st headmaster/ Professor McG… Addison Wiesberg

Zach Smith/Uncle Dave/Fat Friar… Hunter Corbitt

Potions Teacher/2nd headmaster/ Real Mr. Moody… Dylan Coltharp

Myrtle/Ginny/Bippy … Rose Games

Voiceover… George Lagason

Ensemble

Violette Post, Ivy Bruton-Berrey, Shekina Wilson, Chaya Carson, Paige Eden, Mia Shwentarsky, Akasha Grant, Mary Lopez, Dmari Johnson, Jenna Tillotson, and Madison Morseburg

The official cast list for Puff’s. (Samantha Perez-Luna)