The Israel and Palestine Conflict

Lily Crawford-Abeita

NOTE: An earlier version of this article was retracted for use of unintended bias language. Please keep in mind that we are students and we are still learning. If as a reader you find any information that’s wrong or expresses bias, feel free to contact us. We wrote this article in hopes of informing LVA students about what is currently going on in the world around us.   

This is an extremely complex issue, so to get a better understanding of the background of this conflict please watch this video: John Greene’s Crash Course.

Since this video was posted the conflict has intensified. On October 7th, Hamas launched attacks that caused the death of over 1,400 Israelis and they took over 240 hostages. In response, Israel started to attack Gaza, resulting in the deaths of over 11,000 Palestinians. The death toll continues to rise as bombings and attacks are ongoing. Many people have been left without homes, their families, medical care, and food. 

As these attacks persist, the number of Israeli and Palestinian deaths is becoming unimaginable. Currently, over 1 million people have been displaced, and this number is expected to rise until the war concludes. 

This war is being felt on a global level. Many protests have happened in support of Israel and Palestine in the US, including Las Vegas. Many Israeli and Palestinian people around the world have felt these effects as well.