Getty Museum Review

Aria Celentano
The steps leading up to the entrance of the Getty Museum.

The Getty Museum, located in Los Angeles, California, is home to some of the most gorgeous and detailed art pieces from around the world throughout different time periods and is known for its incredible architecture. I got to walk through the Getty Museum and get a feel for how art differs from what people were creating in early European times to more modern art styles. The Getty Museum also offers great views overlooking Los Angeles and a garden outside in which you can walk and take in its beauty.

The first thing I noticed when exploring the Getty Museum was how tranquil the environment felt. It was almost as though I stepped into a sanctuary where everyone came to appreciate history and the beauty that came from it. I also noticed just how big the entire place was. There was so much more than what I expected to see. Walking around the Getty Museum, I got to take a closer look at early Renaissance paintings and a number of sculptures. One painting had a magnifying glass with which to explore it. There was even a room which included an old  musical clock. 

Along with the artifacts, sculptures and paintings, each piece of art held at the museum had a description that helped me further understand not only the aesthetic of each time period, but also the way in which the artists were living through their artwork. There also were multiple rooms that included old artifacts from the early Renaissance and signs pointing me in the direction I needed to go to find a specific room.

Overall, getting to explore the Getty Museum was a peaceful and wonderful experience I would definitely do again.