The Student News Site of Las Vegas Academy of the Arts

Accolades

Accolades

Accolades

A Look Before The Fall Dance Show

Lauren+Kingham+who+was+one+of+the+dancers+at+the+Fall+Dance+show.+
    Re’arie Araujo
    Lauren Kingham who was one of the dancers at the Fall Dance show.

The Fall Dance was a great show to experience, and took weeks of rehearsals to prepare for it. You might particularly just think of a performance at face value, though you typically will not stop to consider the work and performers behind what made the show what it is.

“I think it’s going to go well, we’ve been rehearsing since probably the second week of school. So we’ve had a lot of rehearsals,” said Kingham. Kingham had a pretty positive outlook on how it was going to go beforehand, along with other dancers that shared this sentiment. Their confidence with the show could be a huge contributing factor to how well the show was performed.

A photo of dance majors rehearing. (Re’Arie Araujo)

Angela Youngman, a fellow dancer, shared her thoughts. “All the dances were great. Everyone looked like they knew what they were doing, it was a very good show,” said Youngman. This goes to show that all dancers as a whole did wonderful on so many aspects of this show that involved them. When looking over the components of it all, the music was something that added to the whole thing, without music, obviously, you wouldn’t have a dance. The choreography is what the dance is based on, and it keeps everything on point. Kingman talked about the challenging aspects of the choreography, saying ‘some of the pieces were harder than others. This is a common challenge in many shows and is something that’s essential to address.

It took a considerable time and effort to prepare for this performance. While some tend to focus only on the show itself there are many things that are done to make a great production.