Theater Tech Majors

Michelle Yeboah

Theater Tech is one of the many majors offered at Las Vegas Academy Of The Arts.

Theater tech major, Saiyeda Dastagir shared her thoughts about the major.

“I really enjoy theater tech, it’s quite fun. A lot of things go into being a theater tech major such as lights, props, costumes and hair. They all come together to create a cohesive story for people to enjoy,” Dastagir said. Theater tech also worked on the show Legally Blonde that premiered not long ago at LVA. “The whole

Legally Blonde show was great, and everyone did amazing,” said Dastagir. 

Freshman theater tech major Aliyah Ramzi, expressed how the felt about her major as well.

“I feel as though my major is difficult, but I would not ever want to change it. I loves to create pieces for people’s entertainment but I don’t like to be the performer or in the spotlight, so I chose to still create but not be the focal point,” said Ramzi. 

The theater tech majors are doing amazing in their majors. An anonymous student,  shared what they are working on in their major. 

“I love my major and everything about it, but there are definitely some setbacks such as getting everything together fast and being on the same page with everyone working with me,” they said.  

“Especially when people take the lead some days it’s hard to keep everyone together, but for the most part everything comes out great in the end, ” said Anonymous. While working on Legally Blonde they enjoyed working with this production and how everything came together in the end. 

Legally Blonde was successful after a two week run and the theater department did a great job at working together to get everything done and create an amazing production.